From Trinity to UCONN, from a Bantam to a Husky!!! Welcome to my TCPCG page....its a remix of homework and some of my favorite videos.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

EDCI5825 Classroom use

After looking through these websites the 2 that I would likely use in my classroom as a useful tool are the Real time voting site and poll daddy.
While in election season I am sure to bring focus to campaign and voting information so on the day or after the day it will be quite telling and informative for my students to be able to check on real time data(Regents of University of Michigan 2010). It provides excitement to the ever dramatic voting process. Being able to look at donations, previous election data and "hot house races" will only add to the mix.
The Poll daddy site will be an excellent tool when teaching how to collect data, research and test a theory with a sociological experiment. It also allows for me to use this for quizzes, poll questions and collecting general data.

Regents of University of Michigan. (2010) Research Guides. Michigan http://guides.lib.umich.edu/content.php?pid=55495&hs=w

1 comment:

  1. Nice site choices! Poll daddy is a great site to use in order to poll your students! The only issue I see with your post is there is no citation. You need to include both a citation in the text and the corresponding reference at the end.

    ReplyDelete