From Trinity to UCONN, from a Bantam to a Husky!!! Welcome to my TCPCG page....its a remix of homework and some of my favorite videos.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I heart GROUP 1!!

      Google Reader is a efficient way to stay on top of many different blogs. I can see this being useful when your students are all blogging, perhaps the old fashioned equivalent of journaling. As a busy teacher it might prove useful for grading in an expedient way.
       I can definitely see using blogging, wikis and as much technology in my classroom as possible. I also think my students will be a great resource when it comes to "continuing ed" in technology. My daughter at 14 seems to know more than I can possibly wrap my head around, it seems to be intuitive to her.
      As far as my colleagues blogs, we seem to all not only know ALOT more about technology we are also understanding its importance in our classroom environment both to keep us connected inside and outside of the classroom. After reading over many, it is interesting to remember that although we are very connected right now, our paths are all leading us into very different disciplines. I think the one I liked most was on Megan's blog-Scribd. Going paperless in my classroom sounds not only totally green but also much more organized and since I am not have an Apple attached to my hands it would be very easy. The only thing about going paperless is that we are assuming that all of our students have access to the internet in their home which I continue to think of as an exclusive piece of teaching that I need to be mindful of. I also noticed something that I hadn't synthesized until I read Nida's blog in that over 3 people talked about using Google Earth but all in different capacities and different ways. The possibilities are just endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment