From Trinity to UCONN, from a Bantam to a Husky!!! Welcome to my TCPCG page....its a remix of homework and some of my favorite videos.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 2 5825

After observing the all 3 of Dr. Leu's videos I found a couple ideas in common. All these workshops are collaborative amongst other classrooms to solve problems and are "easy to use" and all seem to help students navigate and learn more about the internet and all seem to build upon one another. They can supplement curriculum but also a student's future with the internet.
Leu, Donald J. (2000). Instructional Workshop and Webquests: Two Instructional Models. Retrieved from http://www.sp.uconn.edu/~djleu/cue/thu_handout2.pdf.
In my cooperating classroom he does have a Smartboard and he uses a PC. When I mentioned that I would have an Apple it didn't sound like he was very impressed or if it would work in his class. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very meager post. I do not see any differences listed - and you mention that the models are all collaborative among other classrooms - which is possible - but it is not always (or typically) the case. Specifically the Internet Inquiry project is not always shared with other classrooms.

    What is your definition of "easy to use?"
    How do the models build upon one another?

    What do you mean they can supplement a student's future with the Internet?

    I do not see a citation in the body of your text - you mention Leu but don't include a citation. Also - I cannot read your reference due to the color of the text.

    You probably can hook up your MAC to the SMARTBoard as long as you have the connector - as you can see in the classroom that we are in - I can hook up the projector to the desktop (which is a PC) or my laptop (MAC) without any problems.

    Make sure in all your posts you also make a connection to your future classroom.

    ReplyDelete